Appalachian State University Academy at Middle Fork provides a balanced education for children, teachers, principals, and families through the implementation of research-based practices, state of the art literacy instruction, and exemplary classroom instruction and administration.
About the Academy
The Reich College of Education at Appalachian State University has partnered with Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools to establish the Academy at Middle Fork.
Serving Grades K-5
Appalachian State University Academy at Middle Fork will offer services for grades Kindergarten through Fifth Grade starting in the Fall of 2018.
- Our goal is for the Academy to become a model, demonstration school, and resource for children, families, professionals, and partners
- The Academy will foster relationships and partnerships with surrounding community organizations and educational institutions
- The Academy will continue to partner with WSFCS under existing (and potentially new) partnerships and MOU agreements
- WSFCS will run a PreKindergarten program within the school building and under the administration of WSFCS
Please visit middlefork.appstate.edu to learn more.
View Current Postings (select "Academy at Middle Fork")
All applicants must apply through Appalachian State Universtiy Office of Human Resources job portal.
- The Academy will serve K-5 and will employ multiple teaching and support positions
- Teachers must hold or be eligible to hold NC Teaching License
- Current WSFCS teachers as well as others interested in committing to meeting the needs of diverse learners within an innovative, progressive model of teaching and learning may apply
- Based on the NC statute, current WSFCS teachers who are offered employment with the Academy will be granted a renewable leave of absence from their current teaching position and retain the ability to return to the school system
- Personnel employed at the Academy maintain their state health and retirement benefits
- Salaries match state and local salary schedule
- Applicants should be highly motivated and interested in professional development opportunities/requirements