All application materials must be submitted electronically as e-mail attachments to email@example.com.
Application materials will include:
- Cover Page
- Include contact information, academic major, top three placement preferences, and other relevant information.
- Three Documents of Recommendation
- Two reference documents from Appalachian State University academic professionals, and one personal reference letter. Personal reference letter should focus on character, academic performance, and statements justifying participation in the International Student Teaching program.
- Please use this form for obtaining your professional, academic recommendations: Recommendation Rubric for Application References [DOCX]
- Professional Resume
- Include personal, academic and professional information, as well as previous international travel which you think is relevant to having this international experience. There should also be some focus on how participation in this program will impact your personal/professional growth and practice. NOTE: Limit essay to maximum of three pages.
A $150.00 fee will be paid by each international student teacher to the specified administrative partner at the international placement site. This fee covers all administrative costs incurred by our partner schools. This fee must be paid within 3 days of arrival in country and proof of payment must be sent to Dr. Bill Peacock. *(*Failure to pay administrative fee will result in a lien placed on student's Appalachian account and will jeopardize graduation from Appalachian.)
If accepted for international placement, there will be a $100.00 fee which is NON REFUNDABLE once the application for the Office of International Education and Development has been completed and submitted. This fee DOES NOT cover mandatory international travel insurance which costs approximately $1.42/day and will begin on the first day of travel to the international site and will terminate on arrival back in the US. The OIED insurance will not continue if a decision is made by the student to stay in country after the completion of the official dates of the international student teaching program. Cost of travel insurance will be refunded if student decides not to participate in the International Student Teaching Program AND notifies Office of International Office of Education and Development.
All costs associated with the International Student Teaching program are subject to change. Financial aid does NOT cover any costs associated with the IST program.