The State Employees’ Credit Union Appalachian Partnership scholarship is a $1.76 million grant that assists students in our teacher education programs offered through Distance Education. The ultimate goal is for graduates of these programs to teach in their communities.
Students may receive $1000 to $4000 per year and $2000 for their student teaching semester.
- Appalachian Center at Burke
- Appalachian Center at Caldwell
- Appalachian Center at Hickory
- Wilkes Community College
The focus is on the high needs areas of elementary education, middle grades education, and special education. Please click on these links to find out more about the programs and sites where they are held:
- Part-Time Elementary Education
- Full-Time Elementary Education
- Full-Time Middle Grades
- Part-Time Special Education
How To Apply
- For new students, contact Rebekah Saylors (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For returning students, apply through the RCOE Student Services Scholarship link.
Rebekah SaylorsRCOE Scholarship Coordinator and Accelerated Admissions Recruiter
504D College of Education
Phone: (828) 262-2663
Questions about the Distance Education Program, contact email@example.com, 800-355-4084.