The only university-based clinic in North Carolina that offers year-round teacher training, along with diagnostic and remedial reading services to children in the community.
- Provides direct service to children with reading disabilities - approximately 15 hours per child of one-to-one reading and writing instruction.
Part of the Marriage and Family Therapy program:
- Provides individual and relationship therapy for underrepresented populations who are a part of the Appalachian campus community.
- Staffed by marriage and family therapy graduate student interns.
- An after-school learning program that offers children between the ages of 5 and 12 a stimulating multi-faceted learning experience with:
- Homework support and remedial reading and math tutoring.
- Academic tutoring
- Regular access to books and multi-media.
- Arts/crafts and games.
- Field trips.
- A summer reading program that is a collaborative effort between the Reich College of Education and Appalachian Athletics. Contact Kathy Howell for details.