Provides equipment and support to nurture and promote a digital age learning culture, to oversee systemic data driven improvements and to cultivate digital media literacy for the college community.
Provides resources and services to support the Teacher Preparation and School Media Specialist Programs of the Reich College of Education. Lays the foundation for the development of professional collaboration patterns between teachers and librarians/school media specialists.
FREE Teacher Borrower Card
Teachers that are employed in one of our Public School Partnership districts, can sign up for a FREE Teacher Borrower Card. This allows local educators to check out library materials and use the Idea Factory.
Teachers who have a Teacher Borrow Card can receive free parking when visiting the IMC.
- Park in a free 30-minute space on the lower level of the College Street Parking Deck
- Visit the library circulation desk (main level) or lower level service desk to show your Teacher Borrow Card and get a 1-day visitor's parking pass
- Display the pass in your vehicle.
- Reference service to Appalachian students, faculty, and staff, as well as area educators and community members
- Offering “readers advisory” for all ages and reading levels
- Hosting classes and workshops on finding and using library resources
- Providing public computers for research (via the library catalog, databases, periodical indexes, and the Internet)
- Maintaining the “Idea Factory,” a media production facility designed exclusively for education students and area educators
- K–12 textbooks (both N.C. state adopted and supplementary)
- Children’s and young adult literature (fiction, non-fiction, picture books, biographies, etc.)
- Curriculum and lesson planning ideas and examples
- Professional and reference collections
- Audiovisual materials (CDs, DVDs, software, etc.)
- Manipulatives and displays (posters, models, puppets, games)
Are you a teacher or counselor that would like to bring your class to visit Appalachian?
College Access Partnerships offers:
- Scavenger hunts
- Science demonstrations
- Meet and greets with current students and faculty members
- and more!