The Reich College of Education’s (RCOE) Response Team is hosting an Innovation Cafe, Monday, April 19 at 3:00 pm.
- Date: Monday, April 19, 2021
- Time: 3:00 pm
- Location: Online (Zoom link will be emailed)
For a disability accommodation, visit odr.appstate.edu.
The intention of the event is to introduce and discuss innovative practices that have emerged within the past year at RCOE. Attendees will consider how these practices might be sustained after the COVID-19 pandemic has subsided. Organizers hope the event will spark new collaborations, connections, and possibilities through cafe conversation.
Format and Presenters
The Innovation Cafe will include brief presentations from RCOE innovators, followed by a conversation about what conditions made the innovation possible, and what we have learned about doing things differently in education.
The following faculty and staff will serve as catalysts for the conversation, highlighting their innovative practices:
- Dr. Amie Snow - Academy at Middle Fork
- Dr. Hannah Reeder and Diane Wilcox - Field Experiences
- Ike Smith - James Center for Student Success and Advising
- Dr. Susan Hedges - Scholars with Diverse Abilities Program
- Tammie Gelderman - Staff Senate and Virtual Silent Auction
- Dr. Chris Osmond - Sustainable Practice Seminar Series
- Dr. Amy Cheney - Tech for Equity
About the Response Team
As part of the planning process for the return to campus for the fall 2020 semester, the RCOE created a task force to develop strategies and ideas to address the areas of facility needs, curriculum and instruction needs, community engagement needs, and socio-emotional needs.
The Response Team, which comprises representatives from all RCOE departments, has evolved and shifted its focus from logistics to socio-emotional well-being to now integrating innovative practices in teaching, learning, and working.
Contributed by Alex Peoples