The Reich College of Education (RCOE) presents “An Evening with North Carolina’s Award Winning Educators” professional development opportunity.
Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Location: RCOE Room 124
Current education majors, alumni, faculty, staff, and educators in the community are invited to attend. Please RSVP here for students, faculty, and staff; please RSVP here for alumni and community educators. For disability accommodation, visit odr.appstate.edu.
The event will feature Leah Carper, the 2022 Burroughs Wellcome Fund North Carolina Teacher of the Year, and five North West Regional Teachers of the Year:
- Ashley Bandy ’15, a math teacher at Newton Conover High School;
- Shea Bolick, a Spanish teacher at South Caldwell High School;
- Erin Ellington, a music teacher at Mabel School and Parkway School;
- Sarah Laws, an environmental science teacher at Mountain Heritage High School; and
- Maggie Murphy ’08 ’15, a new teacher support coach in App State’s North Carolina New Teacher Support Program.
Carper, who is an English teacher at Northern Guilford High School, will focus her presentation on teacher leadership.
The North West Regional Teachers of the year will focus their presentation on “Helping Students by Growing Teacher Leaders”.
In addition to the presentations, Dr. Don Phipps ’92 ’97, superintendent for Caldwell County Schools and the 2023 A. Craig Phillips North Carolina Superintendent of the Year, will also share remarks.
Light refreshments will be served at 6:00 pm, and the programming will begin at 6:30 pm. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be offered for current educators, and professional development credits will be offered for current students.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.