Congrats seniors and graduates of the class of 2020!
Virtual Commencement Participation
Social Media Participation
Tag us too - #Firstteach #Firstlead #RCOEalumni
Recommended accounts to tag in commencement posts:
And add us too - @AppstateRCOE
RCOE Commencement Message and Student Teacher of the Year Recognition Video
Undergraduate Student Speaker
Nia R. Robinson
B.S. Middle Grades Education, Social Studies and Language Arts
Nia Robinson is a middle grades education major from Kannapolis, North Carolina, graduating with Cum Lade honors. During her time at Appalachian, Nia was involved in many clubs and organizations on campus and most recently was crowned Appalachian Homecoming “Top of the Rock”. Nia is a lover of laughter and people, and she hopes you see that shine in her message to you today. After graduation Nia plans to attend the University of North Carolina at Charlotte to pursue her Masters in School Counseling.
M.A. Student Affairs Administration
Hannah Elicker is proud to be a Mountaineer. Originally from Rome, Georgia, Hannah holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Forensic Anthropology from the University of West Georgia. During her undergraduate career, Hannah held several leadership positions in student organizations and was the recipient of numerous awards recognizing her leadership and accomplishments which led her to pursue a Master of Arts in Student Affairs Administration at Appalachian State University. After graduation, Hannah will serve as a Career Advisor at Florida Gulf Coast University.
The RCOE Departments and Programs Say Congratulations!
Click on the links to watch the videos and read the messages.
Honors, Awards, Recognitions, and Retirements
- Dr. Temple Grandin Shares Words of Advice to Graduating Special Education Students
- Brandon Moore Recognized as the Appalachian State University Student Teacher of the Year
- Sope Kahn, art education and gender, women's, and sexuality studies major, selected as the student speaker for the College of Fine and Applied Arts
- 2020 Reich College of Education Award Recipients Named
- Four Reich College of Education Students Recognized by the Cratis D. Williams School of Graduate Studies
- Six Doctoral Candidates Graduate May 2020
- Seven Faculty Retire for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
- Scholars with Diverse Abilities Program Students Present Capstone Projects
- Seven Finalists Named for the Appalachian State University Student Teacher of the Year