- Initial Licensure Teacher Education Student Handbook (updated 8/31/23)
- RCOE Permit Request Form
This request form is to be used to request special course permit requests for all Reich College of Education courses in which students may be receiving an error message or need special permission to add the course.
- Teacher Education Admission Application Information
- Add or Change Major/Minor/Catalog Year
- Grade Appeal Procedure
- Requesting a Course Overload (PDF, 109 KB)
- Late Add/Drop Request Form (PDF, 248 KB)
- Directions for Completing a Criminal Background Check
- Student Teaching Clearance Form
- Student Teaching Early Start Form
Individuals seeking a North Carolina professional educator’s license must meet the testing requirements established by the State Board of Education. The Initial Professional License may be converted to a clear Continuing Professional License provided the State Board of Education-required exam is taken at least once during the first year of the license, and passed before or during the third year of the license. Current testing requirements are at the end of this section.
Don’t let your licensure exams hold you back from your teaching career! TeachNC will cover the costs! Sign up here to get up to $500 to help you prepare and pay for your exams. Don’t wait – funds are limited!