Welcome to Career Development from your Career Coach
As your Reich College of Education Career Coach, it is my goal to provide resources and opportunities that will educate and empower you to reach your goals and achieve career success whether you are a first year student, an undergraduate completing your student teaching, or a graduate student with previous work experience.
Career Development is ready to assist you with practically any career development interests you can imagine. Whether you are looking for a sample resume to get started on your materials to apply for a scholarship, or need information on interviewing and job seeking, the resources located here are an excellent place to start. If you are looking for more information and interaction, the links here will lead you to workshop opportunities or an appointment with me to discuss your goals and receive additional resources and guidance. I hope to have an opportunity to talk with you about your career plans so that you find success after graduation.
Career Development is here for you, and I invite you to explore and engage with us!
Director of Career Development and Economic Engagement/Career Coach for RCOE
Connect with the Reich College of Education career consultant, Dr. Susan McCracken, for help with the following:
- Major Exploration
- Career Exploration
- Resume Development/Critiques
- Cover Letter Development/ Critiques
- Job Search Strategies
- Internships and Part-Time Jobs
- Mock/Practice Interviews
- Career Fair Preparation
- Salary Negotiation
- Professional Presence Preparation
Build Your Resume
Use our samples to help with resume formatting ideas to create your own from scratch! Below are some resumes that are specific to education majors:
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment to meet with Dr. McCracken, please select an available appointment time by logging into your account on Handshake. She will accept appointments for RCOE students on Fridays. If you are unavailable on Fridays, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Get Assistance:
- Make an appointment for a Friday via Handshake - we will meet via Zoom or in an outside location on campus.
- Dr. McCracken welcomes drop-in’s on Fridays on Sanford Mall from the 1:00 to 2:00. She offers “Career Chats on Sanford” every Friday through the end of October, rain or shine. Dr. McCracken will be available on Sanford Mall if the weather is good and at the picnic tables near the Sanford Mall entrance to the Plemmon Student Union if raining. Look for the sign!
- Career Studio 2:00 pm-4:00 pm Monday through Thursday for resume review, interview advice, and assistance on how to use Handshake for your job search.
Email resume review -- email@example.com. Allow 5 business days for a review.
Get Help With Your Job Search and Professional Presence
Check here for workshops and events:
- Ongoing Career Development Center Career Meetups - Live and Recorded
- Wednesday October 7 at 7:00 pm - Chart Your Path: Career Resources for Education Majors, Zoom link https://appstate.zoom.us/j/93456521084?pwd=RkdoaW5QUStLendKMXl4R2UyeFA3UT09
- Tuesday October 27th at 7:00 pm - How to Navigate a Virtual Career Fair (Zoom will be sent)
- Friday October 30 from 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm - Education Career Fair Fall 2020 via Zoom, link will be sent